Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Isn't She Lovely?







There is a lot of hustle and bustle around here.....finishing up CPCC for the semester, finishing up high school forever, starting a new job (Chelsey), getting graduation "stuff" done -- on time!!! One of the most pleasurable things of late has been Chelsey's senior pics.....they are wonderful and so many to choose from. Chelsey really enjoy this time and is thrilled with the outcome. Her life is getting so busy. It is so fun to watch all of the things that are happening in her life. And yes, it does bring a tear to Mom's eye knowing how sweet it is and sad that my "little girl" is quickly maturing into a beautiful, passionate and godly young woman. We have been so blessed to be chosen as her parents!!! Chelsey and I have definitely had our trials as we battled the sinful character in both of our lives, but I don't think I would ever ask to change anything....even the times that I sinned against her -- ways too numerous to count -- and I say that because, the Lord has used these times to humble me and bring me to repentance before Him and before Chelsey and Gene. If those times had not occurred, my life would probably not have changed as it has and I would not have grown in grace. God is kind!!!
So yes, homeschooling is coming to an end for me. That is odd to think about since I've been doing it for a long time now....I know, not as long as some, but still..... Homeschooling has been a mixed bag of emotions for me and it, too, has proved to be a tool to work on my character. Gene and I were both in agreement that we desired and wanted to home school Chelsey. But I tell you what....there were times when we went so far as to get an application to private school. It was tough. We were not sure if the battles were worth it. And as most, there were so many times when I felt so inadequate in teaching her. I really had to trust the Lord with that because there was no other way to walk it out. There is a lot about homeschooling that I just didn't like at all. And there are things that Chelsey probably would have learned more about in another classroom, but there is one thing that I am confident in......she would not have learned as much about the Lord or about grace as she did right here at The Oaks (our homeschool). I am also confident that she has learned by God's grace and that she has taken in all that she needs during this time. Oh, I can think of plenty of areas that she can still learn in and will continue to grow in over the next few years. Praise God! He has seen us through and Chelsey will graduate on May 31st! What a blessing and a testimony of God's grace in all of our lives.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

you're too sweet :) love you mom!

Erin said...

Those pics are great! Congrats to both of you for making it through 12 years of schooling!

Robin said...

thanks Erin! it is a blessing to see all that the Lord has done!