Sunday, May 18, 2008

An Update.....

I have been pretty slack in posting, and thanks Erin for asking how my dad's surgery went. It went really well. It took a little longer to get the graft because of a lot of scar tissue, but it is done, he is doing well! He doesn't have to go back to the doctor until next week.

Us kids & grandkids surprised my parents at their church today. We had flowers in the church and a little message in the bulletin to celebrate their 65th wedding anniversary which is this Thursday. That is a really long time! What an example! I think they were really surprised. One of my nieces and my nephew & his family were able to go to church with them too. We were going to take them to lunch, but it didn't work out today because of too many conflicts. We will try for that on another day this week. They brought the flowers home, and literally, they take up the entire dining room table.

Wasn't it great to see the Kauflin family today at CWCC? I'm sure some of the GCC people saw them on Saturday. It was just so good......makes me realize just how much I've missed them. It would be really great to be able to sit down with them sometime one on one and hear all that the Lord is doing in their lives and just catch up.

Onward! Finishing up school for Chelsey, finishing up graduation stuff. It is working out good, and not too stressful....God is so faithful!!! What a blessing!

Well...it's late.....and I think I'm ready to sleep! Y'all have a good week! Oh...and Kendra.....I think it'll be David Cook!

1 comment:

Shannon said...

David Cook NEEDS to win, but if he doesn't he still can become a lot like others who haven't won! Like Daughtry! So... (he still needs to win!)

P.s. I did it! I have a blog now!!! Thanks ;) (I used you and 500 others who have it to get my mom to talk with my dad, who then let me have it!)