Sunday, May 4, 2008

The Deep Deep Love of Jesus



The great messages we've heard at church in the last couple of weeks and studying Hosea for care group tonight have given me lots to think about (oh...picture is not mine, but looks like something I'd do!). Just thinking about God's compassion and love for me with new insights, has just opened a deeper level of understanding of His grace to me and just how wonderful His love for me is....not to mention a fresh awareness of how undeserving I am. I can reflect on many things I've done in my life.....I guess you would call them my "bigger" sins are enough to make His love for me unwarranted. But when I think of the little things....the "little" sins.....things I do or say or think without any effort at all, those make His love for me amazing......something that I don't deserve. As I studied the relationship of Hosea and Gomer and how that is a reflection of God's love for His people, then just make that application to my own life...I am blown away! What an amazing God! And to think, my understanding only scratches the surface. The depth of His love, I cannot begin to fathom.

No comments: