Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Memorial Day

I hope you all had a great day! Gene and I sure did! Our anniversary is this coming Friday, but since we are steeped in graduation rehearsal and then graduation, we took yesterday to celebrate! We took a day trip to South Mountain State Park. We drove through the countryside rather than taking the interstate, and it was a wonderful drive! We got there and hiked for a while and enjoyed the beauty of the trail. After we left there, we stopped at a small winery about 20 minutes from Stone Mountain. It is a very small place, a family run business that started out of a son's effort to find some heart healthy ways to help out his dad who has heart problems. We had a wine tasting and saw where they make their wine and store it and listened to how they developed their flavors and all that. They also have parties and weddings and receptions at their facility which is very nice. After that we drove back to Charlotte, went out to eat and then home to relax. It is such a blessing to spend the day with my honey! And he's been all mine for 21 years now! Time does go by sooo fast! But I know this....I am blessed!!!!!

2 comments:

Anne said...

Happy Anniversary Robin! I didn't realize that yours is so close to Dave and I's (June 3rd.) How lovely to have a whole special day together! Hope this coming year is one of you best yet:)

Erin said...

That sounds like such a good time. Happy Anniversay (belated)! 21 years is such an amazing testimony especially in the world we live in. I have so much more respect and admiration for it now that I am married and because of the other circumstances of my life. Thank you for modeling such wonderful faithfulness and perserverance. I know the Lord is greatly pleased and glorified by it.