Thursday, December 20, 2007

At Last!

Today was a day to stay at home. This is definitely not a complaint about all the busyness of life, but I love the opportunity to get to stay home for the entire day!!! It is rare these days! Sooo, I spent most of the day doing some last minute things in preparation for Christmas....along with the usual chores such as laundry, cooking and general cleaning. I'm finding I enjoy these more when I don't feel like they have to be done in a rush.

Tomorrow I will try to complete my grocery shopping so that I don't have to hit the stores again before Christmas. I'll get what I need thru Christmas, and while everyone is out doing the "day after" sales, I'll go grocery shopping....I do this at Thanksgiving and Christmas....the stores are nearly empty, but the sales remain the same!

Christmas morning we will be gathering the family that live here in Charlotte for Christmas breakfast. My contribution is Monkey Bread. It is easy, and it is sooo good when it is still warm, so I'll be getting up and baking it Christmas morning.

I've been trying to spend some time recounting the kindness of the Lord to us this year....and I am overwhelmed. I think I need to do this monthly rather than waiting for the end of the year. All I can say is -- Isn't God Good!

No comments: