Thursday, October 25, 2007

It's Raining!!!!!

The rain started coming down yesterday....we need it so much! We have the window open in the bedroom, and to go to sleep and wake up to the sound of the gentle rain is so pleasant. Thank you Lord for the rain! Yesterday morning Chelsey had class at Central and afterwards, we stopped by the Junior League Warehouse, a thrift store a block from her class. We didn't take a lot of time to look, but it is more upscale clothes. Some look really nice.....others remind me of my grandmother's closet! Funny how I classify things....Chelsey too. Last night Gene and Chelsey went to the deaf Bible study at First Baptist Church downtown (I know everyone calls it "uptown".....but for me a life-long Charlottean, it has never been uptown). Gene as even been enjoying this time. Chelsey is getting pretty good at communicating with people and she is really enjoying the interaction. They came home laughing and telling all kinds of stories last night. I haven't been with them yet, I usually just enjoy a couple of hours of quiet here at the house. Anyway, there were a couple of 3rd year ASL students at the meeting and they invited Chelsey to the Interpreter Club meeting today at Cato. So I took her over this morning, did some shopping for my parents and came home to do some chores here until she is done. She has already called to tell me of others from CWCC that she has seen this morning. I have a feeling that Gene and I might lose our extra date nights next semester!

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

I agree totally Robin! It's downtown. I was born and raised here too, as if you couldn't tell that by my accent:)