Monday, November 26, 2007

Back in the Groove

Well....the wonderful long weekend is over, and it was good to get up this morning and get back into our "normal" (if you can call it that) groove....CPCC, homeschool, laundry, cooking (still) and all of the normal things our day holds for us. The hardest part is Gene having to go back to work. I just love when he can be home with us for extra time! It is fun, even if we aren't doing anything special.....it's just always special to have him home. I think the cloudy, rainy day helped to be able to focus on the fact that we return to the normal. I love watching it rain....both water and leaves in our yard and have a great cup of coffee or tea.....I do miss being able to sit by a fire and watch....Marge...I'm glad you have one to enjoy!

So this week may not be sooo normal and this may end up being my only post for the week! I have to help get the church ready for a wedding on Saturday. A couple in our care group are getting married and it should be a fun time! Chelsey is also trying to plan a Christmas party for all of the high school (9th-12th graders) that are home schooled at church, so she has me involved in ideas for decorating, food and what to do. She really just wants the high schoolers to have an event that will encourage relationships and be fun at the same time. She has some good ideas. So she is trying to line up adults to help, entertaining things to do, of course, good food, and people to help set up and clean up. She has done a great job in just following guidelines and submitting a full plan to the pastor and administrator and home school group leaders. I think this has been good for her to learn how to submit things and patiently wait for a response.

I love watching our kids as they grow and begin to take on new levels of responsibilities. I think I can stand in awe of what God has done in their lives....in our case with Chelsey, in spite of me!
I mean we can train them as best we can, but we are still such sinners!!!! At least I am! And the grace and mercy of God abounds in our children's lives as we entrust them to Him and allow Him to bring them along and reveal Himself to them. Praise God! He can do it all, and He doesn't need me to tell Him how to fix anything!!! =) I just know I'm blessed to have a daughter who really loves the Lord!

Well....there are my ramblings for now.....I hope everyone has a wonderful week!

2 comments:

meghann said...

It is good to be back in the routine huh! i'm amazed at how much carter and chelsey look alike!!!! does anyone else say that? have a good week:)

Robin said...

Yes, actually they do. There is definitely some resemblance, but Carter looks a lot like his dad too. I guess he is really a good mix! Kinda like Jake! I can see both of you in him when I watch him!