Monday, November 12, 2007

My Girl!


This is my girl! She's great! We have had many battles in her 16 years, but in the end, God has been kind because through them He has changed us. We still have an occasional argument, but to see us both growing in God's grace as we interact together is something that truly excites both of us because we know without a doubt that we would not be able to stand where we do today without that life-saving and life-changing grace. It's amazing!
So now, she is a concurrent enrollment student at CPCC, and she is being challenged in different ways, but she absolutely loves going to classes, meeting new people and sometimes even getting to hang out with people from church....people that she might not hang out with on a normal day. Today she had to meet with an advisor as part of a class that she is taking. She was very disappointed because she was told that since she was a concurrent enrollment student that they couldn't help her. I don't know if anyone else has gotten that response, but it didn't make a lot of sense to me. So we are going to have our own session later today since we are going to plan her next semester classes.
It's funny....she was talking about how she wished that she could have gone to maybe a private school during her senior year. She thinks that would be so much fun. I had to remind her though that she can easily "glamorize" that scenario just through some of the books or movies that she has read/seen and everything seems so wonderful. I just reminded her that those books and movies forget to put the real life hard work that goes into school. She just really enjoys being around people so much....more because she is an only child and partly because she is a very outgoing person. I'm really glad she's not shy! She has been blessed this semester to have met some great Christians in her classes. It is something that she hasn't taken for granted and I'm glad about that.
Well....that's my girl! I love her and am blessed by her!

1 comment:

Marge said...

Oh, my - a picture on your blog, Robin! I'm impressed! Anna was told the same thing when she met with her advisor. You would think that they could give them some kind of guidance, but I guess they have to wait until they're "official" CPCC students. Maybe they don't want to spend their time on people who aren't paying (never mind that we're all paying with our tax dollars!) Anyway, I enjoyed reading this post. Chelsey is a gem, that's for sure!